Again, not knowing much about the meme thing, I'm not 100% sure about the image / cookie thing but I'm thinking that this might be what you're looking for?
I was tagged today by Sloan Parker ~ thanks Sloan! ~ for the M/M meme (and I hate to admit it but I don't really know what 'meme' is.. or how to say it... or much of anything.... :blush: )
1. Answer all the questions below in either the comments here or post it on your own site. If you post it on your own site you have to come back and give the link here so I/Kris can mosey on over and see if you answered correctly have a sticky beak.
2. You have to tag two other people once your done and pester them relentlessly until they do the meme too.
3. Instead of a meme image thing you have to post a cookie, preferably a twofer. It is an m/m meme after all. ;)
*rubs hands together in glee*
1. How long have you been reading GLBTQ fiction?
Yikes... checking my records it goes back to... wow!... two years this month.
2. What was the first book you read in this genre?
Amanda Young's Taboo Desires .. I knew it was her!
3. Are you 'out' as a reader?
I am to my family (eg. dh and children) and online friends... I think my from family would stroke out; 'cept my baby brother... he's cool!
4. Ebooks, print or both?
Both... of course. Some authors it's either / or, others it's both as soon as I can get 'em!
5. Do you buy direct from publishers or from secondary sellers?
Direct from publishers whenever possible; except sometimes for print books 'cause shipping to Canada can be a BIG expense... ebooks 99.9% of the time
< 6. Prove you're a Book Slut. How many books would you say you buy a week?
Um... 5? 10? 15? Somewhere there... usually double digits... no triple digits YET thank god.
7. Are you a cover, blurb or excerpt buyer?
Oh shoot... first choice would be blurb... but sometimes it's just the author too.
8. Yeah, you read reviews, but do you actually take notice of them?
Yep! Why do you think my TBR is teeming with books? And sometimes, just to be contrary ~ 'cause I like to be ~ if a review for a book is really bad, I'll get it ... so often what I like and what critical reviewers like are miles and miles and MILES apart.
9. Who's your fave publisher?
Oh drat! Ummm.... Amber Quill Press ~ love getting free books all the time.
10. What about authors? Your top two only!!
Okay this is just mean! How'm I only supposed to pick two? Okay, Amanda Young and Ethan Day; you always love your first one(s) most, right?
11. Is there a sub-genre you particularly dis/like?
Horror is a big dislike ~ most of the time; gory horror stories with horrible stuff I just cannot even be in the same room with. Favourite? Well, romance... any kind!
12. Short or long?? *rolls eyes* And, no, I'm not talking about cocks.
Good 'cause I don't have one! :snicker: Okay, both! Really. Sometimes I want to just lose myself in a long book ~ 200+ pages minimum ~ and other times I just want a satisfyingly filling snack. Probably partly why I love anthologies so much.
13. Anything turn you off about m/m or is all just glorious smut to you?
The only thing that would turn me if is if there was cruelty to any of the main characters caused by another main character... otherwise it's all just glorious!
14. Finish this sentence. You know it's m/m twu wuv when...
Shoot! I can't write.... Uh... they only want each other or, in the case of a ménage, each others.
15. What trope or theme are you heartily sick of in m/m romance?
Nothing... I pretty much love it all... I'm like a sponge, the more I have the more I want.
16. If you could choose any 3 characters for a m/m/m who would they be?
Urk! Um... I'm weak; I pretty much like 'em as they are in their stories.
17. What new GLBTQ release are you most hanging out for right now?
Ohferpetesake... anything that's coming out by a favourite author... but if you're gonna get sticky about it... ummmmmmm.... HELP!
18. What GLBTQ book has completely blown you away this year?
There've actually been a few ~ Z.A. Maxfield's Blue Fire; M. Jules Aedin's Windows in Time; Ethan Day's As You Are; Victor J. Banis' Deadly Mystery series; DJ Manly's Pure Sex
19. What do you think we'll see more of in m/m romance in 2010?
I think paranormal is going to continue to be big, but I'm thinking more suspense / mystery types?
20. Don't you agree that author Josh Lanyon should kill off arsehole character Jake Riordan?
Hey! Adrien's finally getting him where he wants him... most of the time. 'Sides he's HOT!... I guess that'd be a NO!
- - - - - -
* Perpetua (hee)
* Hm... R or C? Rhonda, you're it!
Otherwise I'd have to say Sloan... wait, she's the one that got me into this in the first place. *eyeroll*