GLBT Bookshelf

GLBT Bookshelf
Bookstore, Author's pages, Reviews, Forums

Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Love & Loyalty by Tere Michaels


This story did something I thought was impossible... I actually think that it's an even better story than Faith & Fidelity, and that story is still among my top favourites. Just goes to show how wonderful an author is Tere Michaels.
In many ways this story was grittier? It had more of an edge than I remember from F & F, but that in no way detracted from the story; if anything it heightened what was happening between Jim and Griffin.
There were so many instances where I was nearly overcome, okay I actually had to put the book aside 'cause I coulnd't see the pages; so much emotion that scenes and events evoked. All in a marvelous way though. There was an incredible emotional connection with the characters ~ Ed Kelly... I loved that man! And Jim and Griffin ~ wow. Watching them as the freight train of attraction came their way was... stunning. I could feel how at sea they felt, but I could also feel the lightness, the joy that began to seep into their hearts.


The story would not be complete without Jim's friends: Terry and Mimi, oh those two cracked me up ~ especially the text messaging and subsequent phone calls. Love them both!
And when I realized that Jim was actually connected to Matt from Faith & Fidelity I was tickled pink... 'cause I remember him!
Now both these books are on my re-read list and I don't think that I'll be waiting too long to do so.


If you've never read Faith & Fidelity by Tere Michaels and you pick up Love & Loyalty, good for you. But don't cheat yourself out of an experience that will leave you feeling all wonderful inside. And both books do that fantastically well!

Enjoy!

--------------
Book Info:
Tere Michaels; Love & Loyalty; Loose Id; September 2009

Book Description

Detective James “Jim” Shea is a Seattle homicide detective who has never taken his work home with him – until now. A case has gotten under his skin and though it’s “over," it isn’t for Jim. The emotional toll has left him vulnerable and tied to the victim’s dying father.

Meanwhile, Hollywood comes calling for a hot story, and screenwriter Griffin Drake sees the tragic case as his ticket to more serious fare than his usual action blockbusters. But to get the whole story he needs to win over the stoic and protective Detective Shea.

Neither man has had much luck when it comes to romance or long-term relationships and neither is particularly looking but there's an attraction from their first meeting that can’t be denied. Their impromptu first date seems to have no end in sight – quickly becomes a barreling freight train of romance.

Looming problems outside threaten their relationship – death, secrets and broken trust – and they'll have to learn loyalty to save their newfound love.

No comments:

Post a Comment