GLBT Bookshelf

GLBT Bookshelf
Bookstore, Author's pages, Reviews, Forums

Thursday, October 08, 2009

LAID by A.J. Llewellyn

This was the first A.J. Llewellyn book that I'd ever read; since then I've bought another oh, three or four of his books as well as books that he's written, separately, with D.J. Manly and Stephani Hecht.  When I enjoy a story as much as I enjoyed LAID then I'm a sucker for other books by the author. This is why I have such a huge TBR... but I digress.

One thing that I really enjoyed about the story is that it is told from the first POV by the two main characters... what an interesting concept, and it's one that worked, IMO, very well.  I do like getting an inside peek at the characters' behaviour, thoughts and the why's of their actions. 
I also really like cop stories and this is an excellent one.  There's a lot of tension because somewhere in the SRT unit there's a traitor and it looks as though whoever it is is very close to home for Jack Cannon.  Add a sexy guy with whom Cannon had a fling-with-possiblilites and a case that is going to take him places he's not been before and you have the basis for LAID.  Gotta say that there were so many what-if's and who-is' that I was reeling... but oh did I ever enjoy the ride!
All I'm saying now is that I can hardly wait for the next three books to come out in this four part series, 'cause they're gonna be HOT!
 * * * * * *
Book Info:
A.J. Llewellyn; LAID; eXtasy Books; September 2009


Book Description:
Jack Cannon is an elite member of LAPD's new Violent Crimes Unit. He's tough, he's smart...he's also gay. Jack's a guy who deals with pressure and stress by cruising. When he has a fling with a hot guy, one even hotter night in Los Angeles, it's no casual coupling. This guy is great. Jack wouldn’t mind seeing him again except he's discovered he'll be seeing a lot of him. This is the guy he's supposed to tail--Lucio Natale, the most violent mob boss ever to land in the city of angels.

No comments:

Post a Comment