GLBT Bookshelf

GLBT Bookshelf
Bookstore, Author's pages, Reviews, Forums

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Black Prism by Brent Weeks

5 Stars - "Honestly it took me awhile to sit down and read this first book in Brent Weeks' Lightbringer trilogy. I was afraid that it wouldn't live up the the Night Angel books that I completely loved.


But I worried needlessly because, not only is The Black Prism an outstanding story, I love that this world is completely and utterly different from that of Night Angel.

Gavin Guile is an intriguing character, one that I know we will continue to learn more about as the series progresses; but what I've seen so far has got me firmly on his side. There are so many others that like as well; Kip, Karris, Corvan, Liv and Ironfist are only the beginning and I'm sure that before I've finished the second book--whenever that may be--that there will be others just as appealing."

No comments:

Post a Comment