GLBT Bookshelf

GLBT Bookshelf
Bookstore, Author's pages, Reviews, Forums

Thursday, March 04, 2010

Stealing My Heart ~ Anthology

I would have bought this book regardless of the authors involved.  The idea behind it alone is enough for me to support the cause.  But the fact that the authors are all among my favourites and auto-buys, you better believe I have this book!
I happen to love ebooks. Yes, I'm fairly new to the world of epublishing ~ and only as a reader ~ but in the last two years or so I've managed to acquire a thousand or so ebooks. And many of these books are by authors that have become favourites of mine.  Their stories mean something to me, often powerful and always enjoyable... and I want them to be able to continue creating these books.  
Having a book stolen is terrible, but having many multiple copies being given away FREE is not only a crime, it's incredibly damaging to the epublishers and the authors. 
It's also something that raises my ire.  Damn it, I've paid for my books and I do so gladly.  For me books are not a luxury, they're part of my life and during years of fighting depression, they were a life-saver... literally.

eBook piracy is theft, plain and simple.  The thieves involved would like pretty up these thefts with a lot of high-faluting rhetoric that, when all is said and done, means nothing. By uploading and sharing ONE legally purchased ebook, these thieves are taking hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars from the authors whose heart and sweat go into bringing up stories of love, adventure, other worlds, fantasy ~ any of it.
Stealing My Heart?  Yes, the title means exactly what it sounds like.  And I, for one, am going to do what I can to support the epublishers and authors who have brought so much enjoyment to my days.

* * * * * *

Be it in another time, another dimension, or another world, the authors of the Stealing My Heart Anthology will take you away to a world where male/male love and passion reign.
Stephani Hecht, Jambrea Jo Jones, A.J. Llewellyn and D.J. Manly, Carol Lynne, Jaime Samms, and Serena Yates, have all contributed their talents and their time to make this exciting contribution to male/male erotic romance.

All proceeds will go to help fight illegal e-Book downloading. Thank you, and enjoy!

* * * * * *

Review to come

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Kathy. We love you.
    D.J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you D.J. ... and sending hopes for BIG, BIG sales!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's make ACCT a force the pirates fear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got my vote... and whatever else I can do. 'Cause something's got to get in their way.

    This is a fantastic thing you all are doing.

    ReplyDelete