GLBT Bookshelf

GLBT Bookshelf
Bookstore, Author's pages, Reviews, Forums

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

D.W. Marchwell ~ Good to Know


D.W. Marchwell is a new-to-me author; I *found* him through a guest blog on Book Wenches. The post itself was fascinating reading; when he segued into mentioning his book and added how it was connected with his post, I was hooked and went straight away to Dreamspinner Press.  Didn't hurt either that I know the area that he wrote about quite well... beautiful, beautiful country.

So I bought Good to Know and read it within a day or so... with my backlog of TBR books that doesn't happen often, but I was particularly intrigued by the story synopsis and the post that Mr. Marchwell wrote.  I was completely enchanted, both by the characters and their stories that became their story. A heartwarming romance with two men and a boy all looking for somewhere to belong. It's about a search for friendship, family and love and about taking what they have made of their lives and learning to open themselves up and risk hurt.  But anything worthwhile is earned with tears, sweat and labour and in Good to Know, D.W. Marchwell shows himself to be cognizant and familiar with these concepts.

I'm now firmly in the D.W. Marchwell fan club and will be sure to acquire anything this most talented writer comes out with.  Fabulous!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really sweet story. I'll have to give this author a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it is Eyre. I love it when I find *new* authors!

    ReplyDelete