GLBT Bookshelf

GLBT Bookshelf
Bookstore, Author's pages, Reviews, Forums

Friday, September 04, 2009

My philosophy... kinda....

My name is Kathy (I feel as though I should be sitting on the floor in a circle ~ a la kindergarten), but I also go by Kathy K (or KathyK), Kathy Kozakewich, kalyko or even, on occasion, 'hey you!'  And if the subject is books or authors I can usually be found lurking, or even participating.

When I was in school I really wasn't a fan of doing book reports (aka reviews).  It just didn't make sense; everyone else in the class read the same book, the teacher knew the story, so why would I want to write about it... I just wanted to read, darn it!

But a funny thing happened.  A few years ago I chanced upon the eHarlequin community and, at last, I felt a sense of kinship... we were ALL readers!  We understand the excitement of finding a new author, of adding to our ridiculously huge TBR (to be read) piles, of finishing that one story that speaks out loud to us; most of all we were among a group of like-minded people who all find reading both relaxing and energizing.  And FUN!

Reading should be fun, and it should be entertaining... if you learn something about the world around you or even about yourself, then you're ahead of the game.  And while I don't usually consciously read for edification, I've found that there are storytellers and their stories out there that will do it all.  Then I know for sure that I'm in the right place at the right time... reading a story that will take me far, far away and bring me back more in-tune, more aware ~ just more... than I was before.  And what a rush that is!

This is what I want to share; the magic that reading can bestow upon us and the stories that enrich our lives.  

And please, feel free to comment ~ I'm not hugely thick-skinned, but I can have my little tantrum in private if I need to... and most of all I can meet other people for whom reading is an adventure, an experience and, most of all, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment