GLBT Bookshelf

GLBT Bookshelf
Bookstore, Author's pages, Reviews, Forums

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Mahu Vice by Neil Plakcy

I read the four books in Neil Plakcy's Mahu series one right after the other and really enjoyed the opportunity to do so.  It's not often I get to move from one story right into the next.  Following Kimo over the first three books as he came to terms with the very public knowledge that he is gay was fascinating and often gut-churning. Mr. Plakcy added so much emotional detail about what Kimo was going through that I was, on occasion, almost overwhelmed; he definitely provided a very strong voice.  I also loved the police investigations in which Kimo found himself working.  I'm a big fan of the genre and the excellent amalgamation of the various elements really makes this a series that I will go back to over and over again.
All I can say is that Kimo Kanapa'aka has a fan for life as does Neil Plakcy.  I've now managed to acquire all his books, in both formats if available. 

 If you've not read anything by this author, I strongly suggest you do; if you want more romance, then definitely try either Gaylife.com or Three Wrong Turns in the Desert.  If out-and-out romance isn't your cup of tea, I highly recommend the Mahu series with Kimo Kanapa'aka.  But whichever you choose, you can be sure that you will be on the receiving end of an excellent story.

* * * * * *

The fourth book in the series is
----------------------------

Book Info:

NEIL S. PLAKCY; Mahu Vice; Alyson Books; August 2009

* * * * * *

SEX AND VIOLENCE COLLIDE UNDER THE TROPICAL SUN


Honolulu homicide detective Kimo Kanapa'aka went into a tailspin after the breakup of his hot, heavy affair with fire investigator Mike Riccardi. Now that Kimo's beginning to recover, he's forced to work with Mike again on an arson homicide at a shopping center built by Kimo's father. The investigation takes them into dangerous territory, with love, sex and death at stake.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm. I have Gaylife.com and Three Wrong Turns on my ereader already...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank heavens! I was starting to get worried; now I don't have to run quite so far or so fast, right? *grin*

    ReplyDelete